Here's our specially made Embrace Norway map! We've added a couple of food shops and pharmacies with opening hours, and ATM (cash) machines. Click the square on the top left to see a list of what's on the map.
To view a bigger map, click here
Here are a few suggestions for things to do when you're not dancing (see map for details):
- Restaurants and shops: the main street Storgata (also called Stågata). If you're interested in shopping Norwegian arts and crafts: Norsk Flid at Storgata 47. They carry both traditional and modern contemporary design, also jewellery and beautiful stuff for the home, and they might have the local bunads (folk costume) of the region on display.
- More shops with arts & crafts at Fabrikken (The Factory) in Løkkegate 9.
- Have a picnic in Søndre Park next to Kulturhuset Banken.
- Norwegian cultural musem Maihaugen. Website here: https://eng.maihaugen.no There's also list of other Lillehammer museums on the Maihaugen website.
- Go for a walk on Strandpromenaden by Norways biggest lake Mjøsa. You can even go for a swim! See Embrace Norway map.
- The Olympic Park, where you can climb the 954 steps of the jumping hill (there is a chairlift also). Info here: https://www.olympiaparken.no/en/anlegg/lysgardsbakkene-hoppanlegg/
- Lillehammer's official tourist site here: https://en.lillehammer.com